HERE YE HERE YE, YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ATTEND A TOASTBEARD WITH RULES SET BY NONE OTHER THAN ME, DAVE!
This weeks Toastbeard is themed around SPEEDCORE! And being as stupid as possible. Luckily, it is fairly straight forward. Below is a sample pack created by myself that has a bunch of samples in.
Now this is where it gets fun. You are ONLY allowed to use those samples in the folder, and you are not allowed to use any synths what so ever or add your own samples
And here is where this gets funner. In the sample pack there is a folder called 'MANDOTORY', You HAVE to use every single one of those samples. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
However there is some leway. You dont have to use the samples at there full length and you are free to Cut/Modify/destroy in anyway you please, but you have to use every single one in your track. Sound easy enough? Good.
At the end of the week there will be a winner based on votes, but i will also pick my personal favourite as another winner and give awards to other tracks i feel that need one
Points will be awarded by creativity, how much it makes me laugh, and by creating a track that is incredibly stupid, but is really well produced.
Protips: 230BPM i would cosider to be the absolute MINIMUM BPM i would consider speedcore to be, so try and aim higher than that! If you cant then by all means dont but give it a go
Make the kick very noticable in the mix, and make sure nothing clashes with it. The amen break is also good to layer on top and to glitch out on.
Any questions about this toastbeard, shoot me a message on my tumblr.
Now you've read that wall of text, GET CRACKING! :D
THE FILES YOU NEED ARE HERE
This Toastbeard has been bought to you by the people behind Pinkamena party, who have recently announced a parody of Rainbow and rooted thats snorted a line of coke and is currently tweaking out in the toilet. More to be announced soon. Check us out here!
- allotted time: FOUR DAYS (and 4 hours)
- what to submit: AS MANY TUNES AS YOU WISH, in response to the theme.
- Songs cannot be longer than 8 minutes. (Anything longer will be skipped and/or deleted.)
- Get your entry in by Friday 4/19/2013 6:00pm EST (see the "Deadline" countdown for a better idea of when this is.)
- PLEASE enable downloads on your entry. Even if you think your entry is bad, someone else will think otherwise. (also it helps to prevent archive decay, since a TB mod can grab a copy and archive it.)
- head to irc (or the flash link if you like pony emoticons) for a sync-listen once the deadline reaches zero!
Start: 4/15/2013 1:44pm|||||Deadline: 4/19/2013 6:00pm|||||Voting ends: 4/20/2013 5:00pm|